Taking My Leica SL2 to Africa?! Here’s the Plan Plus Channel Updates

Is taking a Leica SL2 to Africa a crazy idea?

In this Garage Talk episode, I’m sharing some important channel updates, talking about why I’ve started printing more of my photographs, and responding to some great comments about my decision to use the Leica SL2 for my upcoming South Africa safari. I’ll be traveling to South Africa in October, with plans to photograph landscapes around Cape Town and wildlife in Kruger National Park. That trip has me thinking carefully about my camera setup—and whether an older camera like the Leica SL2 can really handle the demands of African wildlife photography. I explain why I enjoy shooting the Leica SL2 despite its limitations, why I chose to simplify my photography gear, and how I’m planning to use a rented Lumix S5II alongside the SL2 to give myself phase-detect autofocus when I need it. I’ll also be renting a Sigma 500mm f/5.6 for the trip and pairing it with the S5II for wildlife, while using my Leica SL2 with the 70-200mm f/2.8. My 24-105mm will also be coming along for situations where I need more flexibility. We also talk about something I’ve become increasingly interested in: printing photographs. I’ve been printing 8x10 images from my Australia trip and putting some of my favorite photographs into a binder rather than allowing them to simply sit on a hard drive or computer. Do you print your photography? Or do most of your images stay digital? And what do you think about my decision to take the Leica SL2 to Africa? Am I making things unnecessarily difficult, or is there something to be said for using a camera you genuinely enjoy? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments! 📷 Topics covered: • Leica SL2 for wildlife photography • Leica SL2 for an African safari • South Africa photography • Kruger National Park wildlife photography • Leica vs Micro Four Thirds • Simplifying your camera gear • Printing landscape and travel photographs • Photography channel updates • Preparing camera gear for Africa • Lumix S5II and Sigma 500mm f/5.6 • Why I enjoy shooting Leica If you enjoy photography, travel, wildlife, landscapes, Leica cameras and honest discussions about camera gear, consider subscribing and joining me on the next adventure. #LeicaSL2 #AfricaPhotography #WildlifePhotography




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Lens is better. The OM System 12-45 F4 Pro or the 12-40 F2.8 Pro

Winter Cityscape Sunrise Photography | Cold Morning Urban Light